WELCOME

Thank you for logging on. It is hoped that you will enjoy reading about our outdoor experiences from the Appalachian Trail in the East to the Pacific Crest Trail in the West and everything in between. If you have questions about Carl's gear or need information on backcountry hiking, the AT and/or PCT, don't hesitate to email either one of us: sgoodman5815@gmail.com or goodmanATRidgerunner@gmail.com.




5/20/08

DAY 25, Tues.,May 20, my 67th Birthday ZERO day - TOTAL MILES 454

Thanks to all of you who have sent me birthday wishes. This hiker is getting old. It has been great reading all of the posts and listening to my grandchildren and children sing to me on my voicemail.

I arrived at Agua Dulce around 6pm last night. This place is awesome - an oasis in a desert land. The Saufleys graciously take in hikers and provide multiple services - anything a hiker needs. I'll be resting up here for a couple of days, catching up on laundry, email and talking to my baby.
Keep hiking,
Greybeard

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I am a friend of Anna's and she told me of your birthday. My cousins Matt and Ben are doing the PCT right now too. They are both very tall (6'5" and 6'7"). I think they are supposed to be in Lake Hughes on 5/23, and then are staying there a couple of nights in LA. If you meet up with them - let them know I said HI.

Happy Birthday again!
Ellen Klug

Anonymous said...

Anna told me today was your birthday so I thought I would say Happy Birthday Carl. We hope everything is going well, your family is so proud of you. I know it must be hard with the heat and everything but you are a strong man I know you can do it. we will see you sometime when you get home. Hope you have a Great birthday, and keep your head up high stay strong. We will continue to think of you each and everyday of your long but well worth journey. Madison and Lillie says Hi and Happy Birthday. Good Luck! Tammy