WELCOME

Thank you for logging on. It is hoped that you will enjoy reading about our outdoor experiences from the Appalachian Trail in the East to the Pacific Crest Trail in the West and everything in between. If you have questions about Carl's gear or need information on backcountry hiking, the AT and/or PCT, don't hesitate to email either one of us: sgoodman5815@gmail.com or goodmanATRidgerunner@gmail.com.




5/20/08

DAY 22, Sat., May 17, 22.9 miles. TOTAL 406.9

I left Little Jimmy Campground to begin a long, dry day. It was a beautiful hike for the most part, with lots of shade at first. We stayed high most all day but didn't have any water except for what I carried. We came to Sulphur Springs Campground but the campground was closed. So we camped outside the perimeter on the sand. I slept out with a full moon over my head. I'm still cowboy camping - I lay my piece of Tyvek on the sandy ground and take everything out of my pack and elevate my feet on my pack. That night there were a number of hikers, Moonpie, BeBop, and others. Some of the others went on and hiked by the light of the moon.
Keep hiking,
Greybeard

No comments: