WELCOME

Thank you for logging on. It is hoped that you will enjoy reading about our outdoor experiences from the Appalachian Trail in the East to the Pacific Crest Trail in the West and everything in between. If you have questions about Carl's gear or need information on backcountry hiking, the AT and/or PCT, don't hesitate to email either one of us: sgoodman5815@gmail.com or goodmanATRidgerunner@gmail.com.




5/20/08

DAY 23, Sun., May 18, 23.8miles. TOTAL 430.7

The climb out of Sulphur Springs was steep but it turned out to be a pleasant day. However, I'm getting so tired and not bouncing back after my zero days like I would like. The heat during the day is tortuous. I am drinking lots of water but have no appetite.

When I reached the Spur trail of Pacifico Mountain Road we were overjoyed to see several trail angels. One in particular I want to acknowledge is Meadow Mary. She provided me with gatorade, fresh fruit and emergency vitamins & minerals in powder form. I sweat so much and guess I'm losing more than weight. I've been told I'm losing electrolites and I have lost at least 30 lbs.

I heard there is a 'heat advisory' - I'll vouch for that. I'll be glad when it cools down a little.

Hey, thanks to all of you who are cheering me on! I'll keep you posted!!!
Keep hiking,
Greybeard

No comments: