WELCOME

Thank you for logging on. It is hoped that you will enjoy reading about our outdoor experiences from the Appalachian Trail in the East to the Pacific Crest Trail in the West and everything in between. If you have questions about Carl's gear or need information on backcountry hiking, the AT and/or PCT, don't hesitate to email either one of us: sgoodman5815@gmail.com or goodmanATRidgerunner@gmail.com.




8/6/08

DAY 99:Mon.,Aug.4: Hiking North to South from Hwy. 20, Santiam Pass to Elk Lake Resort

Out early 0530 this morning. Shirley drove me to the trailhead at Highway 20 and I hiked south through the section I skipped due to impassable snow report. I meet up with several north-bound thru-hikers I hadn't seen in some time, Slider, Thrust, Neighbor Dave, Chickety, and others. They were surprised to see me and it was great to catch up on their progress. Everyone is safe and that is the most important thing.
THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE EMAILED & POSTED COMMENTS!
More later,
Greybeard

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dad. I can't wait to have you & Mom home. By the way, you all are out of toilet paper in this house!

Love you,
your youngest (and coolest) daughter