WELCOME

Thank you for logging on. It is hoped that you will enjoy reading about our outdoor experiences from the Appalachian Trail in the East to the Pacific Crest Trail in the West and everything in between. If you have questions about Carl's gear or need information on backcountry hiking, the AT and/or PCT, don't hesitate to email either one of us: sgoodman5815@gmail.com or goodmanATRidgerunner@gmail.com.




8/6/08

DAY 97, Aug.2: 19.4 miles: TOTAL 2124.4




I had heard that the trail to Lolo Pass was 'treacherous' but in reality, it was easy. The snow and streams were no problem and it was a great day. I hiked with SloJoe. Shirley was waiting for me at the pass - it was sure great to see her - as usual, she had food waiting for me - KFC and a cold Pepsi. Shirley told me about an incident she had on the Lolo Pass Road. Apparently a gate that was normally closed was open and she passed the actual pass where we planned to meet. Well, she ended up on a forest road that was not "automobile friendly". It was a frightening experience for her but "thank the Lord" she is okay. We are heading to the Mt. Hood Inn for time together. She plans to stay out here and support me for the rest of the hike.
Keep hiking, (Photos show Bear Grass, me at an elevation sign and a foggy morning view of the trail)
Greybeard

No comments: