WELCOME

Thank you for logging on. It is hoped that you will enjoy reading about our outdoor experiences from the Appalachian Trail in the East to the Pacific Crest Trail in the West and everything in between. If you have questions about Carl's gear or need information on backcountry hiking, the AT and/or PCT, don't hesitate to email either one of us: sgoodman5815@gmail.com or goodmanATRidgerunner@gmail.com.




7/24/08

DAY 86, A NIGHT OF RAIN, SLEET AND HAIL. Tues., Jul. 22, 34.3 miles: TOTAL 1819.6

Coordinates: 42 deg 46'623" N, 122 deg 10'724" W: I woke up this morning and there was white stuff all over the ground. At first I thought it was pollen - but it was sleet. Not only did it rain last night but we had a hail storm and I didn't even know it. I slept right through it. I also realized that I will be probably be changing my tent from this light weight one to my heavier, warmer tent. I'll ask Shirley to bring it out with her when she flys out here on the 2nd of August. Even though it is still summer, the weather changes quickly in the mountains of Washington. I'm heading for Crater Lake and the Mazama Campground tonight.
Keep hiking,
Greybeard

No comments: