WELCOME

Thank you for logging on. It is hoped that you will enjoy reading about our outdoor experiences from the Appalachian Trail in the East to the Pacific Crest Trail in the West and everything in between. If you have questions about Carl's gear or need information on backcountry hiking, the AT and/or PCT, don't hesitate to email either one of us: sgoodman5815@gmail.com or goodmanATRidgerunner@gmail.com.




5/27/08

DAYs 31 & 32. Mon.,May 26, Tues., May 27: ZERO Days with Shirley

After an hour or so delay in Denver, Shirley arrived at Hikertown on Monday around 4:30pm. It was really wonderful to see her. I introduced her to Richard Skaggs and Mrs. Anderson happened to be there also. She is the trail angel who fixed me pancakes and where I spent a couple of hours resting back at mile 478.

Shirley also got to see some of the hikers she met at the kick-off in April. Then we drove to Tehachapi, CA and stayed at the Best Western off of Highway 58. Shirley plans to stay out here for several weeks to support me along the way. This will allow me to hike the miles carrying fewer days of supplies.

I'll be slack packing on Wednesday and Shirley will be meeting me at the end of the day. Should be great!

Keep hiking,

Greybeard

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Be careful out there, dad AND mom!