WELCOME

Thank you for logging on. It is hoped that you will enjoy reading about our outdoor experiences from the Appalachian Trail in the East to the Pacific Crest Trail in the West and everything in between. If you have questions about Carl's gear or need information on backcountry hiking, the AT and/or PCT, don't hesitate to email either one of us: sgoodman5815@gmail.com or goodmanATRidgerunner@gmail.com.




5/14/08

Day 19, Weds.May 14: 15-mi. day. TOTAL 364.5

What a climb - straight up! I called Shirley when I reached the top of a flat ridge at 8200 ft. The view is far and wide but the trees are burnt down, hardly anything left but stumps. I will be hiking down to Wrightwood, a town still high in elevation but with real food. I'll catch up on laundry and take a zero day tomorrow. I need it! Plan to have a large pizza for dinner.

The people of Wrightwood open their doors to thru-hikers. I'll be sleeping between clean sheets tonight.
Keep hiking,
Greybeard

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carl, I was thrilled that you had an over 30 mile day. I can imagine the "groove" that you are in and how inspiring the beautiful mountains can be. Many of us are "virtual trekking" with you, and we are so glad to read your posts. Keep on hiking! Hi to Shirley, too!- Tavia