WELCOME

Thank you for logging on. It is hoped that you will enjoy reading about our outdoor experiences from the Appalachian Trail in the East to the Pacific Crest Trail in the West and everything in between. If you have questions about Carl's gear or need information on backcountry hiking, the AT and/or PCT, don't hesitate to email either one of us: sgoodman5815@gmail.com or goodmanATRidgerunner@gmail.com.




5/14/08

Day 18,Tues.May 13, 32.3 mile day. TOTAL 349.0

I felt like a million today and before I knew it I had hiked 30+ miles. Spent the night at high elevation and had to hunt for a flat place at that. I am hiking in the San Gabriel Mountains. I've never seen such beauty - huge Joshua trees, some of them 7ft in diameter. It's hard to believe that I am actually in northern Los Angeles County with so many people. This range of mountains is between that huge metropolis and the Mojave Desert. I'll be climbing up snow peaks tomorrow.
Keep hiking,
Greybeard

2 comments:

Douglas said...

Thanks for keeping this log. It is a dream of mine to someday hike the PCT, and it is nice to follow hikers like yourself. I hope you are able to raise lots of money for the Home of the Innocents.

MB

Anonymous said...

So glad your feeling good Carl. Sounds like a beautiful place!