WELCOME

Thank you for logging on. It is hoped that you will enjoy reading about our outdoor experiences from the Appalachian Trail in the East to the Pacific Crest Trail in the West and everything in between. If you have questions about Carl's gear or need information on backcountry hiking, the AT and/or PCT, don't hesitate to email either one of us: sgoodman5815@gmail.com or goodmanATRidgerunner@gmail.com.




4/28/08

Day 2 - April 27 - Miles hiked 23.6 - Total 43.6


Another "slack packing" day. I had a GREAT breakfast prepared by the volunteers and ADZPCTKO planners. I got on the trail around 7:00 am on my way to Mt. Laguna, CA. Shirley has registered us at the Mt. Laguna Mountain Lodge (hiker friendly)for one night. I saw (and enjoyed) my first water cache today. There was lots of water and one Gatorade. I decided to enjoy the Gatorade and had the privilege of sharing it with another hiker who came up behind me.

What I found interesting today is how far you can see from the trail. At one point I looked out over a valley and could see a mile and a half in front of me. The elevation on Mt. Laguna peaks at 6,000 ft. It was a beautiful day for a hike.

I arrived at the Sunrise Valley Picnic area around 2:45pm and Shirley was waiting for me. She had fried chicken dinners prepared by the Blue Jay Lodge http://www.bluejaysandiego.com/ in Laguna Recreational area. Those folks in Laguna know how to treat hikers.

I'm in for the night,

Keep hiking,
Greybeard

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep in there.
Jim C

Anonymous said...

Great talking to you on the phone yesterday morning. Always thinking & praying for you & mom.

Love,
anna

Anonymous said...

Miss you dad - Very cool picture. can't wait to hear from you. Take care of yourself - stay cool. Love - A