WELCOME

Thank you for logging on. It is hoped that you will enjoy reading about our outdoor experiences from the Appalachian Trail in the East to the Pacific Crest Trail in the West and everything in between. If you have questions about Carl's gear or need information on backcountry hiking, the AT and/or PCT, don't hesitate to email either one of us: sgoodman5815@gmail.com or goodmanATRidgerunner@gmail.com.




5/11/15

"WARRANTIES"

5/11/2015
LEKI Trekking Poles
     Many years ago, I replaced my old "ski poles" with Leki Trekking Poles. My current pair of Titanium poles have been the length of the Pacific Crest Trail (PCT) and thousands of miles on the Appalachian Trail (AT) while working as a Ridgerunner in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.  Recently, I noticed split sections made collapsing the poles difficult.
     I contacted Leki via the Leki website and, after receiving new middle and lower sections, I am pleased to be using my poles again just like they were brand new.
     I recall on my AT thru-hike in '99, a fellow hiker bent a pole in a stream and after reaching Leki Company by phone, he had a replacement pole at the next local Post Office.
      I appreciate excellent gear and companies who stand by their product warranties.
"MY NEW DIRTY GIRLS"
     With the weather warming up, I wanted to replace my 'heavy' gaiters with lighter weight ones.  So I decided to order a set of "DIRTY GIRLS".  Now, I purchased an Olive Green pair, but the colors and patterns are endless.
     I am even more pleased with them than I expected and after several trips, they are better than anything I have used.  The Velcro strip has adhered perfectly to my Merrill's, both pair.  I am not sure it was necessary, but I cut the Velcro one-half inch longer than the part sewed to the Gaiters and there is plenty left over for additional shoes.
     The quick response I got when I needed them was so helpful since I am on the trail daily.  No wonder so many thru-hikers are wearing DIRTY GIRL GAITERS.
Keep hiking,
Carl Goodman, aka KY Greybeard
GA/ME '99, PCT '08
ATC RR
    

No comments: