WELCOME

Thank you for logging on. It is hoped that you will enjoy reading about our outdoor experiences from the Appalachian Trail in the East to the Pacific Crest Trail in the West and everything in between. If you have questions about Carl's gear or need information on backcountry hiking, the AT and/or PCT, don't hesitate to email either one of us: sgoodman5815@gmail.com or goodmanATRidgerunner@gmail.com.




4/20/11

On the Trail Again

On Saturday 4/16/11 I came on a Northbounder I had seen in 2009 (see older 2009 post). Cimarron is a source of encouragement to all of us on the "long trails" of this land. He is now 88 years young, soon to be 89. I tried to picture myself at that age. To reach that point and to still be vertical would be a feat in itself. I certainly share his lifestyle - don't smoke, don't drink and stay active. In my opinion, it has served him well. Cimarron is not a person of physical stature but we all look up to him. Where we be at age 88, encouraging others or simply 'pushing up daisies'?
Keep hiking,
Carl, aka KY Greybeard

No comments: