WELCOME

Thank you for logging on. It is hoped that you will enjoy reading about our outdoor experiences from the Appalachian Trail in the East to the Pacific Crest Trail in the West and everything in between. If you have questions about Carl's gear or need information on backcountry hiking, the AT and/or PCT, don't hesitate to email either one of us: sgoodman5815@gmail.com or goodmanATRidgerunner@gmail.com.




7/7/08

DON'T FORGET TO SUPPORT THE HOME OF THE INNOCENTS


Just a reminder to everyone that I am walking to raise funds for the Home of the Innocents. As of July 7th, I have walked more than 1,300 miles in 70 days! Nothing would make me happier than to learn that donations and/or pledges are double or triple the number of miles I've covered.

Several of the children at the Home have been following my progress. Some of them have asked about the wildlife that I have seen. It makes me feel good to know that they are reading the blog and enjoying the photos.

I am grateful to have the strength and health to walk this land so freely when others cannot. Your support of the Home will help me to make this journey a real mission for children. Visit the web site at the Home http://www.homeoftheinnocents.org/ and make your pledge today. If you have already given and/or pledged - thank you! Greybeard

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Carl! Congratulations on your half way milestone. The staff and kids at Home of the Innocents are still rooting for you. I'll be dropping a press release later today on your milestone. Keep the faith!

Anonymous said...

Dad - I am really enjoying all the new pictures! The lava rock is really awesome! Love you - keep safe and eat well! Love - April

Anonymous said...

Hey Carl! Thanks for all that you are doing for us at the Home. Stay safe and good luck! You rock!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all you're doing for the HOME. I work with April, she's great to work with. Your photos are wonderful. I can't image the first hand look at the scenery. Wishing you blue skies and good weather for the last half of your trip.

Anonymous said...

Hey Carl! Thanks so much for all you are doing for us here at the Home. I work with April in KCPCC she is a great person. Stay safe and good luck!

Anonymous said...

Hey Greybeard,
1300 miles in 70 days. You have been eating too much of Shirleys pastries.

What an experience. Hang in there. I have been enjoying your blog.

Jim C

Anonymous said...

Carl, I have finally figured out how to post a comment. Please, no comments about age or generational issues!

You look like a kid in your photo, slim and trim and the beard is to respect. Thanks for all that you are doing for the Home. Yesterday, in our Administrative Team meeting, April gave a "loving" report on her hero and his progress. Actually, that word hero fitsyou well for all of us. We marvel at your accomplishments to date and tremble at the thought of any of us doing what yet lies before you. The photos are great. Best wishes. Keep safe above all else. Gordon

Anonymous said...

What a great day in the USA! You're really an inspiration to all who know and love you.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Uncle Carl on the half-way mark. We're rooting you on and are so proud of what you're doing.
Missy, Kevin & Owen

Anonymous said...

thanks for all that you have done,GOD BLESS YOU ALWAYS

Unknown said...

Hi Carl! You have always been such a strong and moral character in my life and I see such great strength, power, love, and devotion in you for your extended family. This has always touched me deeply in many ways and made me feel welcome in your house. I know that no matter what I will always have family, and friends at your home. You gave me more than you'll ever know growing up. You were like a father to me that I never had. You gave me a new life and taught me how to live/love again and it is so wonderful that you Carl, are able to reach out NOW, to SO MANY, how magnificent and overwhelmingly humbled you must feel. It is my hearts desire that you are able to just touch one more, at the very least, just one more, to be able to change someone else's life like you did for me. I have no idea where I would be today if it had not been for your family taking the time to spend time with me and include me in so much of your time. May the Lord bless you and keep you all the day long. And build up all around you at night his fortress strong! Amen.....Keep on Walkin. We'll Keep Stalkin (on line of course (o;|>